Regardless of whether or not I’m full of festive cheer, it’s December. A new month is here and that can only mean one thing in the blogging world: it’s time for a list of goals for the month to come that I’ll completely forget about as soon as I hit schedule.
Are you even a blogger if you don’t do one of these every so often?
01. Get some actual work done for my MA. I’ve been so so busy over the last month that my MA has almost been forgotten – almost but not quite. It’s time to take a step back from every other responsibility that I have and write some essays and actually crack on with the reason I’m still in Durham for another year. Over the next month and a half I have four
02. Hit the gym. I’d like to actually make time to hit the gym and get back into a sort of routine. In fact, I think this goal is to sit and work out a proper routine. Yeah. I need a routine. I need a written plan for each week, please. If I have everything timetabled in perfectly then I might actually find time to do everything I have to do, and there’s nothing wrong with that, is there?
03. Keep on growing my hair out, despite the constant desire to run into a hairdresser and have it chopped back to my ears again. I just want to see what it looks like long because I honestly can’t remember. I swear it’s so bloody annoying at the moment though – that awkward stage between long and short where I just wish it could pick one, and short is the only length I can pick for it. I did love it short but I need to be disciplined. I can do it. I really can.
04. Get my Christmas shopping done ASAP so that I can relax – also so that I have enough time to think of something that my friends and family will actually want and like. Time to put my thoughtful hat on and get into the true spirit of Christmas. I want to give really nice gifts this year, and I legit have no idea where to start.
05. Sort out a little travel (and budgeting for travel) plan for the next year. Christmas is classic ‘lets book a holiday somewhere hot’ time of year and it’s only natural that I jump on that bandwagon too. Last year it was when Oliver and I booked our little week in Marrakech and what a fabulous idea that was. This year it’s looking to be a little bigger (maybe Central America, Cuba, etc.) so I’m going to have to get a little bit thrifty to pay for it all. Otherwise I have my eye on a few little European breaks, mainly around Italy to be honest, and I’d love to get a little something booked and ready to go! x
*Products marked * are PR samples. This post contains affiliate links.
never miss a post from nettleandblackberry.com
twitter | instagram | facebook | bloglovin